Offerings are an important part of our worship of God. Offerings given to our church help us, as a congregation, support our ministry here in Markham as well as outreach around the world through our Missions support.
I Timothy 5:17, 18 states that “The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honour, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.”
Your financial support of the work of MMC assists us all in maintaining a presence and a living witness in the community as well as spreading the Gospel of Christ in other areas of the world.
We have several ways that you can support the Markham Missionary Church;
- Cash or cheque offerings each Sunday given in the offering plates during the morning service. Envelopes are in the pews for you to use.
- We can provide envelopes with assigned numbers if you are giving regularly, ie: once per month or more often. The envelope number helps us keep a record of your givings for your income tax receipt.
- A monthly direct transfer (PAR Program) to the church. The PAR Program (Pre-Authorized Remittance)makes this very easy for you. This offering can come from a bank account or from a credit card. We will help you set this up.
- A one time offering can be made from your credit card to the church through the Mennonite Foundation. This is done through a secure website for your protection. The form on the website provides instructions and shows what the form looks like.
- Receipts are provided for offerings of $20.00 or more.
- One Receipt is issued for the givings for the entire calendar year. The receipts are sent out at the end of February the following year.
Thank you for supporting the ministry of Markham Missionary Church.